Following are some interesting facts about Asheville and its commercial real estate market…
- Asheville is known as the “Paris of the South”, with a very eclectic population, and more breweries per capita than any other City.
- The U.S. Census Bureau estimates that Asheville’s population in 2008 was 78,543 and is part of the four-county Asheville Metropolitan Statistical Area, the population of which was estimated to be 408,436.
- Surrounded by mountains and national forest, it attracts both active retirees, and outdoor-active young adults. A bear may still find its way to downtown on occasion!
- In 2007, Asheville was named one of the top seven places to live in the U.S. by Frommer’s Cities Ranked and Rated, and #23 of 200 metro areas for business and careers by Forbes.
- Home to the stately Biltmore House, the largest house in America with more than 250 rooms. Built as a private residence in 1895 with indoor pool and bowling alley, it is situated on 125,000 acres. Still privately owned, parts of the home and grounds are now open to the public, and serve as the area’s #1 tourist destination.
- Downtown Asheville has a plethora of interesting shops, restaurants, bars and music venues, and is a major attraction for tourists throughout the region.
About the Principal:
Craig has been active in the commercial real estate industry for over 30 years, and achieved the industry’s top 2 designations: The Certified Commercial Investment Member (CCIM) and Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR).
In addition to his brokerage and investment activities, Craig also found time to “write the book” on Tenant Representation (Leasing Smart – PT Publications, 1997) which has been required reading for the University of Florida’s masters in real estate program, and authored Professional Real Estate Investor’s Handbook – which has been approved for use in Florida Real Estate Commission’s continuing education courses.
Craig was elected as a board member on the ITRA Board of Directors in 2011 and currently serves as Treasurer.
For more information, contact:
Phone: +1 (828) 884-4454